Автор Тема: Гонки в Брно (1930-1937)  (Прочитано 7622 раз)

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
Гонки в Брно (1930-1937)
« : Июля 14, 2019, 11:48:24 »
Hello all,

I´m working on my second motorsport book, this time about Masaryk Circuit in 1930-1937. I have done a lot of research here in Czech republic, as I live in Brno, I´m in contact with our National Tech Museum about their large collection of photos, Audi and Mercedes also provided me with a few pictures. I have a lot of news and reports from local newspapers from that time, browse internet and so on. So I think I have quite a lot materials to write really accurate story.

Anyway, more materials is always better, so thats the reason why I registered here, I think there is a lot of people who might have more materials including photos, so I can get really "clear picture" of some small remaining  questions. I would really appreciate any help.

Or if you want to ask me something about Masaryk Circuit from prewar times or after, feel free to ask me, even in russian language, google translator will do the rest :)

Cheers
Ales 
« Последнее редактирование: Июля 15, 2019, 02:48:08 от Владимир Коваленко »

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Гонки в Брно (1930-1937)
« Ответ #1 : Июля 15, 2019, 04:00:20 »
OK, let's start.
I've got a lot of question  ;)
1934. According to Paul Sheldon Zdeněk Pohl drove a T51 Bugatti, entered by Vladimir Gut. But as far as I know, Pohl owned the T51. (Besides, hi was the Czech Bugatti importer Corrected, thanks to AleSi) . Why Pohl used loaned by V Gut Bugatti instead his own one?
1935. Same source, but Zdeněk Pohl provided the T51 Bugatti for his friend Gut to drive in the GP class. Vice versa  :o Maybe it is Sheldon's misconception?

And another one:

Ales, do you know any events, which Bruno Sojka entered (or even started) after Olców hillclimb on 12 June 1938 (till wartime of course)?
« Последнее редактирование: Июля 15, 2019, 06:45:12 от Влад Шайхнуров »
Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis. Audiatur et altera pars. Nolite judicare et non judicabimine
Homines non odi , sed ejus vitia.

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Июля 15, 2019, 05:59:02 »
Vladimir Gut was Bugatti importer in Prague and in 1934 he offered Pohl two bugattis, with 4,9l engine or 2,3l. Pohl after testing both cars, choosed the smaller one. Pohl´s own bugatti was after late Lobkowicz, so at least two years old.

In 1935 Pohl entered Bugatti in GP and MG in voiturette. It was planned that Zdeněk will drive bugatti and his older brother Jiří will drive MG. But during practices it was decided, that Gut will start in Bugatti and Zdeněk will sit behind the wheel of MG. Reason is unknown to me.

Don´t know if Sojka raced after june 1938. I doubt he raced anywhere after 1. october 1938, where germany took our frontier.

Ales

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : Июля 15, 2019, 07:03:23 »
Thanks, Ales for your quick response.
So, I have to compare what you've written and my files.
Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis. Audiatur et altera pars. Nolite judicare et non judicabimine

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #4 : Июля 15, 2019, 07:56:22 »
You are welcome.
I have it from newspapers Lidove Noviny, which I consider as most trustworthy source compare to other newspapers. All articles about Masaryk GP 30-37 in Lidove Noviny was written by respectable local journalist J. M. Janatka.

cheers

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : Июля 15, 2019, 08:17:40 »
Pity, but Lidove Noviny are not in free access at http://kramerius.nkp.cz and I can use  Narodny Listy only
« Последнее редактирование: Июля 15, 2019, 10:58:13 от Влад Шайхнуров »

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : Июля 15, 2019, 09:31:12 »
Jsou dnes Vánoce?  :)
To je neočekávaný dárek!

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : Июля 21, 2019, 04:40:19 »
Hi, Ales!
So, my short vacation is over  :(
Could you answer the questions  I have an opinion on, but there's no proof.
1. Did Nuvolari and Borzacchini were entered by Scuderia Ferrari, not Alfa Corse (I mean 1930 event)?
2. Leif Snellman and Hans Etzrodt in their brilliant source wrote about prison adventures of Josef Brázdil before 1934 main race: "The Maserati trailer arrived with the new works 6C-34 car for Nuvolari and a private car, another 6C-34, bought from the Bologna factory by local car mechanic Josef Brázdil with money provided by his manager Štefan Marciš. In the early entry lists Brázdil was listed to drive an Alfa Romeo. As a driver Brázdil was a total novice. Contemporary magazines claim that the money for the car was in fact borrowed from Marciš' fiancиe but the engagement was broken off after a fight and the furious lady had now taken legal action to get her money back. On Wednesday when practice started both Josef Brázdil and his manager, unable to pay back the money, found themselves in jail. Nuvolari, who wanted to see both new Maseratis come to good use, and Chiron appealed to authorities to release Brázdil so he could take part in the Grand Prix, returning to jail after the race."
Perhaps I was inattentive, but I've not found any evidence in Czech newspapers.

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #9 : Июля 21, 2019, 15:35:40 »
Hi Vlad.

You have send me a poster from 1930 by Scuderia Ferrari, where is a list of races, which I think, should be events, where they started. And Brno is there. So I belive yes they were entered by Ferrari. Anyway, Ferrucio Testi was a leader of the team in Brno in 1930 and again in next years.

About Brazdil, yes, it true what is said and its also mentioned in czech newspapers. But nothing about Chiron and Nuvolari and their appeal to release Brazdil. And I doubt they actually did something about it.

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : Июля 21, 2019, 23:58:48 »
Hi Vlad.

You have send me a poster from 1930 by Scuderia Ferrari, where is a list of races, which I think, should be events, where they started. And Brno is there. So I belive yes they were entered by Ferrari. Anyway, Ferrucio Testi was a leader of the team in Brno in 1930 and again in next years.
The best evidence will be a race program with an entry list or at least any mention in newspapers. I have some doubts. In RACI weekly bulletin #40/1930 I've found that: L'Italia era presentata da due Alfa Romeo pilotate da Tazio Nuvolari, ormai quasi del tutto ristabilito della caduto fatta a Monza, e Baconin Borzacchini. Alla corsa hanno presenziato S.E. Pedrazzi, Ministro d'Italia, l'op. Gianferrari e il comm. Fano.
Translation: Italy was presented by two Alfa Romeo driven by Tazio Nuvolari, now almost wholly recovered of the fallen made at Monza, and Baconin Borzacchini. The race was attended by S. E. Pedrazzi, Minister of Italy, op. Gianferrari, and the comm. Fano.

S.E. Pedrazzi? I think means Orazio Pedrazzi, italian ambassador at Prague;
Gianferrari. As I understand there was Prospero Gianferrari, Il Direttore Generale dell'Alfa Romeo 1928-1933. What he was doing there, if the entry was made by Scuderia Ferrari?

As regarding Ferrucio Testi he was a minor shareholder of the Scuderia Ferrari. Maybe presence of Augusto Caniato, brother of Alberto Caniato, major shareholder of Scuderia Ferrari can prove an entry of Nuvolari and Baconin by SF.

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #11 : Июля 22, 2019, 02:29:58 »
There are no team mention in race program, just cars and drivers.
Pedrazzi was at the race, as also members of autoclubs from Poland, Germany, Austria and so on. But no mention of Gianferrari in czech newspapers. Just Ferrucio Testi as a leader of the team and Augusto Caniato as a third driver (but never started).

But two years later, after 1932 race, Scuderia Ferrari send a letter to Lidove Noviny, where they explain another loss at Brno and there was also said, that after they send cars to Brno in 1930, 1931 and 1932, they will be back next year and fight for the win again.

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : Июля 22, 2019, 02:45:02 »
Alles klar

Danke, Ales

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #13 : Августа 07, 2019, 06:57:29 »
I have a questions. How common was to drive a racing car from factory to the race in 30s? After Masaryk GP in 1931 there is a news in local newspapers, that on monday during journey back to italy, mechanics were driving three alfa romeo racing cars back to Italy and close to boarder with Austria one alfa had an accident with local farmer. I tried to find any info about team´s trucks, but no mention anywhere.

I know it was common to drive your racing car if the circuit was close, or Michele Dore or madame Itier came to Brno with bugattis hitched behind their passanger car. But driving racing alfas long way down to Italy from Brno. Is it believable?

cheers
Ales

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #14 : Августа 07, 2019, 15:52:09 »
Hi, Ales!
I don't think so. Racing cars without headlamps, licence plates... It looks like silly trick or even a suicide. Do not forget special methanol fuel
Nuvolari's Alfa Romeo at Brno:

As you know Scuderia Ferrari entered three cars for Nuvolari, Borzacchini and Siena. They had two or even three transporters in 1931 - Ceirano Tipo 45 and Lancia Eptajota 254, "tuned" by 'Orlandi'. So, two lorries were able to carry three racing cars. 

For spare wheels, parts and pit equipment Ferrari had a couple of lorries Fiat 626 N

Concerning the accident you have mentioned, I suppose it was about a disaster which caused by Augusto Caniato , when he had killed a poor horse, which had died under the wheels of an "usual" Alfa Romeo 6C1750 on his way to Brno or back way (?)

« Последнее редактирование: Августа 08, 2019, 09:09:40 от Влад Шайхнуров »

Оффлайн AleSi

• Новичок
  • Карма 9
  • Ales Sirny
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #15 : Августа 09, 2019, 01:26:59 »
Hi Vlad, thank you very much, really helpfull picture of the accident, which clarify a lot.

Newspapers mentions three cars driving through the village and the last one had an accident with the horse. So I guess they were road cars, not lorries. At least pictured Alfa Romeo 6C1750 driven by Augusto Caniato and Amadeo Bignani - your photo is important proof for me. Thanks for it.

Btw., Caniato paid 3000 Kč for the horse and alfa was repaired in nerby village Mikulov. The accident happend in Musov, nonexistent village from late 70s, when it was flooded by new big reservoir called Nove Mlyny.

And the first picture with alfa, its on saturday, during technical inspection at Brno´s fair trade, right behind the main enterance. It take place right between old brick hall and the glass hall on the right of the picture. I now the place really well, I work there :)

https://www.bam.brno.cz/objekt/c162-brnenske-vystaviste

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #16 : Августа 09, 2019, 06:48:40 »
... Amadeo Bignani - your photo is ...
Amedeo Bignami

Оффлайн Влад Шайхнуров

• Историк
  • Опытный участник
  • Карма 1033
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #17 : Августа 22, 2019, 16:10:12 »
1930:

Augusto Caniato, Tazio Nuvolari and Decimo Compagnoni (mechanic in front of radiator cowling)

Nuvolari before first practice